SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT DONE RIGHT
Software and mobile app development is in our blood and we deliver in the core areas that businesses just like yours need to be successful. For decades, PCA Technology Group has been developing custom software for a broad range of businesses – all of them not addressable or adequately served by available packaged software solutions.
We are experts in the rapid development of tailored software applications designed to meet your organization's specific requirements and needs. We specialize in technologies that serve a strategic role in transforming and improving business processes. Understanding your business and applying our knowledge of technology to increase your efficiency is our goal:
- Solutions to streamline business processes, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs
- Software development for embedded systems
- Custom software engineering for simulated testing environments
- Mobile app development
As one of our core competencies, we make sure that you get the right solutions the first time. We’ve built a solid team of software developers and have established a set of key processes that drive superior results:
- Say no to contract staff that is here today and gone tomorrow. At PCA, you will get all the benefits of a dedicated, permanent staff focused solely on software and app development.
- Reap the ongoing value of your existing applications with our legacy integration expertise in the creation of custom systems, avoiding 'rip and replace' of core systems that your business depends on.
- Get state-of-the-art applications. Our software developers are well-versed in a wide range of programming languages and platforms, focusing on Microsoft.NET.
- Backup your decision. Start with our competitive assessments and cost-savings analysis prior to beginning any projects, so you are sure you are moving in the right direction.
- Avoid "mystery" applications. If you require it, we can deliver complete documentation of our work, so you know how your software application was built and operates, insuring clarity and independence going forward.
- Keep your data flowing through the business. We understand and respect the importance of your data and work hard to manage and protect it throughout the development life cycle.
- Ensure that live systems stay up and running. Software Virtualization enables us to model and perfect processes without jeopardizing your live systems while new software applications are being built.
Our primary areas of expertise:
- Windows.NET – strategic platform that reduces development time and produces quality, reliable, and scalable software applications
- Business process automation - automate almost any aspect of your business from manufacturing to human resources
- Mobile app development - custom iPhone and Android apps developed for your needs
- Web portal and intranet development - design and development of complex corporate information portals, secure websites for your clients' access, and ecommerce systems
- Support for your legacy systems – the existing older software systems that keep your business running
- Intelligent business reporting - make better business decisions with the support of intelligent reports that are customized for each stake holder
How is our approach different than most?
We run a transparent software development shop that allows you to see what is going on, where it is going on and when it is going on. We provide customer access to:
- An integrated ticketing system that connects to software source code. So, any support tickets will reference the exact source code allowing you to see into any problems or issues.
- Detailed time reports for all aspects of your development project, allowing a window into exactly what the software developers are doing and the time it took. We remove the mystery from software development, updates, upgrades, and troubleshooting. You’ll know more about what our team does than you do your own staff.
Languages and Platforms Coverage
- C#, C, C++
- Visual Basic, VB.Net
- FoxPro, Visual FoxPro
- Microsoft Access
- ASP, ASP.Net
- VB Script
- HTML, CSS
- Linux scripting (BASH, CSH, KSH)
- Microsoft Installer
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Windows (all versions)
- Red Hat
Is there an app for that? It's a question we hear all around us, whether we are at home or at work. Where do all your customers spend a lot of their waking hours? Think about your own mobile behavior and it’s not hard to figure out that a significant amount of time is spent looking at and interacting with mobile devices – whether they are phones or tablets. The question for small and medium-sized businesses is whether it is worth it to have their own web apps? The future looks really promising.
At PCA, we build mobile apps that work and drive productivity, service and revenue. Our app developers are conversant in all three categories of applications: Native Mobile Apps for iOS and Android, Progressive Web Apps, and Responsive Websites. Depending on what you want to accomplish with your app, you need to consider what platform it should be built on.
Native Mobile Apps for iOS and Android
A native app is a program that is developed for use on a specific platform or device – i.e. “native” to that device. Because of this, they can leverage operating system features and other capabilities that the platform already has, such as a GPS or a camera, or other operating system attributes. Most apps on your phone are native apps. They are downloaded to the phone and usually store any data that you create or use with the device on the device.
Progressive Web Apps
These apps combine attributes of both native apps and web applications. They are usable immediately from a browser with no download required. It works for every user, no matter what type of browser they use, and it fits any form factor – tablet, mobile or desktop. It can work online or offline. Even though it is web-based, it still feels like an app. And, there are many other attributes that help to make it a seamless user experience.
Look and acting like a mobile app, responsive websites are designed to work on any platform and look great on any device. If you're accessing it from your PC, iPhone, Android or tablet, the website is set up to format perfectly. You dispense with downloads, and it is easy to access, as long as you have internet connectivity. They are easier to develop but don’t have the ability for more sophisticated features like in a mobile app.
There are pros and cons to all three types of apps that need to be weighed against your organization’s goals and objectives. PCA can help you work through all of them to help you decide on the optimal approach.
Web Development that Drives Business
We all know that today’s business happens on the internet. How confident are you that your website is doing your business justice? Be it comprehensive corporate websites, lucrative e-commerce websites, web portals, highly-interactive Web 2.0 websites, websites with powerful content management systems (CMS), or mobile sites -- we can help you capture the essence of your business while making sure your website visitors have a great experience.
The biggest challenge in website creation is striking the right chord with the target audience every time. It’s not just about having a great product or service anymore. The experience your website visitors have says a lot about what it is like to work with you. You need to address things like accessibility, compatibility, navigability, readability and usability. These are the inherent 'abilities' of every website built by PCA.
We take your ideas and work with you throughout the development and design to achieve maximum impact. We help identify and apply the right colors, fonts, and high-end technologies like Ajax, CSS, HTML5, .Net, XML, XHTML, and more to take even the simplest product, service or idea and transform it into a great website that will help you drive your business. We have extensive experience with:
Corporate websitesThe first impression is indeed the last impression. Don’t ruin it by diminishing your company’s unique selling propositions (USPs). A perfect, impressive corporate website might just do the trick!
E-commerce websitesPep up those sales figures by setting up a cost-effective, easy-to-use online e-commerce website and keep those online shopping carts moving.
Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) portalsRule the e-marketplace by enhancing business opportunities. Interact with your customers, partners and employees through one, comprehensive information hub.